Do we need it?
Personality clashes and stress equate to 83% of all workplace conflicts. Up to 370 million working days are lost each year in the UK alone….Have you or your colleagues ever faced any of the following at work?
- Personality clash
- Heavy workload or inadequate resources
- Team selection or pairing of colleagues
- Lack of role clarity
- Lack of accountability
- Bullying or harassment
- Communication breakdown
- Unsatisfactory Line Management
Conflict and disputes can happen to anyone at anytime in the workplace.
If not resolved promptly some disputes can be damaging to both the individuals and the organisation.
This can lead to high stress levels, low morale, disruption to team working, sickness absence and resignations.
When would you use a workplace mediator?
Mediation is not suitable to resolve all workplace disputes but it can be used effectively where the individuals involved are reasonable and where there is room for manoeuvre and change.
- reduce levels of stress around a difficult relationship
- Resolve interpersonal conflicts between people/teams who have difficulty working together
- Resolve issues arising from different styles of working
- Ease transition back to work after a formal process or long term sickness absence
- Be used before, during or after as an alternative to a formal procedure
What is the process?
Initially, the mediators meet each party individually and conﬁdentially to hear their concerns and issues and talk through with them how mediation can help.
Once both parties have agreed to meet together, a joint meeting with the mediators is arranged where they will have uninterrupted time to explain their concerns to one another.
A safe comprehensive discussion then takes place with both parties, facilitated by the mediators.
The mediators work with the parties to clear the air, listen to everyone’s issues, clarify underlying feelings and encourage a mutual understanding.
It is not the role of the mediators to advise on solutions but to support the parties to come up with ideas and agreements to improve their working relationship in the future.
Your conflict could be resolved in ONE day!
The benefits of Workplace mediation are many.
Remember we are:
- Promote Equal Opportunities
- Cost effective
We can help your employees return to work with less stress and reduced costs to you.